IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE POWDR WEBSITES OR OUR PROPERTIES’ MOBILE APPLICATIONS.
Your use of POWDR Sites and/or mobile applications indicates your acceptance of this Policy and of the collection and use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with this Policy.
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our relationship with you (“Personal Information”). Some examples of Personal Information we may collect include:
Information you give us.
Contact Information (such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Information you provide in the context of enrollment in one of our programs (i.e., ski school) or in signing up to receive notices from a POWDR property (i.e. snow conditions);
- Payment information (such as your payment card details, financial account information, security codes, and billing address);
- Information provided in an online job application (such as information about your education and work history and past salaries);
- Information provided by you in conjunction with a survey or a promotion, or in registering for one our events;
- Other personal information you may provide to us (including photographs).
Also, when you visit our Sites or any POWDR-property mobile application, we may collect certain information via automated means. For example, our systems may collect information about your activity on the Sites (i.e., pages you visit, address of a referring website (if any), identifiers for your mobile device, geographic location information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address) for a number of purposes. Such information is collected using automated technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and server log files. We use this automaticallycollected information to help tailor the ads you may see on the Sites and the messaging that is provided to you from our systems. Further, we use this information to operate, maintain, and manage our Sites.
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files.
- Cookies/Web Beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that our website would send to your computer or mobile device to identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon” (also known as a pixel tag or Internet tag) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information through cookies back to a server. These tools allow a certain Internet site to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient. For example, if you often visit content on one of the POWDR websites, we may use “web beacons” to infer your possible interest in that specific property and may deliver ads to you related to that interest. It’s important to understand that these technologies use anonymous identifiers within the “cookies” stored in your browser.
Use the options in your Internet browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the POWDR websites.
- Analytics. We use analytic services, such as Google Analytics, as well as other third party vendors tracking aggregate data that place first-party and/or third-party cookies on a browser across our websites. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit their opt-out page. We also use Google AdWords “remarketing” to market our sites across the web. We place a cookie on a browser, and then Google reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a 3rd party site (i.e., when you are visiting your Facebook page). You may opt out of this ad serving on Google’s opt out page. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies served by networks, you should also visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We may use the Personal Information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the products and services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding purchases, registrations, offers, snow/terrain conditions, special events, and promotions;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you, and remember you when you visit our Sites;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Service members of various clubs and memberships run by POWDR properties;
- Evaluate online job applications and respond to your inquiries into potential employment;
- Respond to your requests, questions, and/or comments;
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, and trend analyses).
POWDR does not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
POWDR also may share your Personal Information with non-POWDR companies that perform services on our behalf, as necessary for them to perform those services (i.e., payment processing, shipping, etc.). POWDR requires those non-POWDR companies to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Further, POWDR may share information collected by cookies and other automated means with sites you link to from the Sites, or with social media providers (such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+) that you visit by clicking through from our Sites. Please note that while POWDR does not capture or store your login information or any other personally identifiable information for social networks if you link to those through our Sites, their websites may store session information or cookies on your computer or wireless phone. Social media is further discussed below.
In Other Circumstances: Other than as noted above, we may be required to share your Personal Information for purposes such as complying with court orders or law enforcement; assisting with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft; selling POWDR Companies’ assets, or in process of arranging for the dissolution of the POWDR Companies; or enforcing our agreements and property rights.
POWDR also collects some Personal Information on an anonymous basis if you are visiting our Sites, and/or anonymizes the Personal Information we collect about you. We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups. When we employ non- POWDR companies to anonymize or aggregate data on our behalf, or to perform analytics, POWDR requires those non-POWDR companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy.
We may share aggregate or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-POWDR companies, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
We don’t knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. In addition, children under the age of 13 are not authorized to make purchases from POWDR Companies or register for programs operated by POWDR without consent from a parent or legal guardian.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by POWDR. We require non-POWDR companies acting on our behalf (i.e., credit card processing companies) to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law.
However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Sites is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that POWDR makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of any of our Sites is protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities.
There are several measures you can take to protect your Personal Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it to us. The Federal Trade Commission’s site, www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally-identifiable information provided online or through mobile applications.
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by POWDR, or you may see a banner ad for a product and click on that to visit a non-POWDR website for that product. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies.
Further, POWDR Companies use a variety of new technologies and social media options to communicate and interact with consumers, and has links to certain social media provider available on its Sites. When interacting with the POWDR Company presence on those social media websites (i.e., Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+), you may opt to reveal certain Personal Information. Any Personal Information you have chosen to share on any POWDR Company social media pages will be visible to persons visiting those pages, and privacy on those pages is governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies. Other than to respond to posts or answer questions, POWDR will not use Personal Information provided on its social media pages without permission from you.
POWDR Companies use at present five types of social media; those companies’ privacy policies will govern any Personal Information you opt to provide while you are visiting any Powder Company’s presence on those sites, and can be visited through the links below.
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties.